227 Front Street East
Type of Building:
Performing Arts Centres
Name of Building:
Joey and Toby Tannenbaum Opera Centre
A rehersal hall owned by the Canadian Opera Company. One building owned by the COC was originally a factory / warehouse -- part of the Gas Works complex which was built in 1888 by Strickland & Symons. The Opera Centre also includes three buildings immediately adjacent to the Gas Works Building which used to be the Standard Wollen Knitting Mills.