Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Architect: Alter & Ireland, (firm)

Not Available

Address: 2 Queen Street West
Type of Building: Retail Stores
Name of Building: Tower Records
Notes: Originally the home of Jamieson's Clothiers. Later, Woolworth's moved into the building. In 1980, after 65 years the store was closed, and in the 1980s, a $4 million restoration began. The building is now home to a fitness club and Tower Records. Not to be confused with the 1949 Woolworth Building that was demolished in 1997.

Building completed c1986
Altered 1980s

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Toronto Star 1999 March B2 2nd