Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Architect: Gibson, Charles

Not Available

Address: 2 Berkeley Street
Type of Building: Office Buildings
Name of Building: Berkeley Castle
Notes: Originally the Toronto Knitting Factory, the city's first knitting mill. Initial date varies in some sources (from 1866 to 1868). Additions by Charles J. Gibson in 1896, 1898, 1905 and 1909. Remodelled by A.J. Diamond & Partners, 1979-1982.

Building completed c1870

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Cabbagetown remembered 1984 n/a 103
Cabbagetown: The Story of... 1998 n/a 88
Canadian Architect 1985 May 40-43 30 5
Globe & Mail 1998 Aug. C15 Sat. 15th
Globe & Mail 2001 May L9 Sat. 5th
Section A 1985 X 15-17 3 2
Toronto Life 1999 June 106+ 33 9
Toronto Star 1982 June F4 Sun. 27th
Werk, Bauen + Wohnen 1986 4 10-11
Works : the architecture of A.J. Diamond... 1995 n/a 26-29

End of record
Address: 212 St. George Street
Type of Building: Houses

Building completed 1907

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Canadian Homes and Gardens 1936 April 20-21

End of record
Address: 2 Wellesley Place
Type of Building: Mansions
Notes: Originally the R.M. Simpson House.

Building completed 1899

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Toronto Star 2000 May N1+ Sat. 27th
Toronto Star 2000 Aug. M10 12th
Toronto Star 2000 Sept. P1+ Sat. 2nd