Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Home Wood

Address: 0 Homewood Avenue
Type of Building: Houses
Name of Building: Home Wood
Notes: Originally the home of George William Allan (1822-1901), Benjamin Homer Dixion (who changed the spelling to Homewood) and later Frederic Nicholls. It became the private 72-bed Wellesley Hospital in 1912. Demolished in 1964 to make room for the Wellesley Hospital expansion.

Building completed 1846-1847
Demolished 1964

Architects: Lane Henry
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Estates of Old Toronto 1997 n/a 58-59
Toronto, 100 years of grandeur 1978 n/a 108+