Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Firehall No.3

Address: 488 Yonge Street
Type of Building: Fire Stations
Name of Building: Firehall No.3
Notes: Fire Station No. 3 closed in 1929. A fire damaged the building in 1939 and only the tower survived. In 1950, the building under the tower opened as the St. Charles Homestead Restaurant. It was later known as the St. Charles Tavern, and it closed in 1987. The tower is historically designated.

Building completed 1870-1872

Architects: Grand James
Irving William
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Globe & Mail 2002 May A20 Fri 24th
Toronto Life 1998 Sept 13 32 12