Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Sunnyside Villa

Address: 0 Queensway (The)
Type of Building: Houses
Name of Building: Sunnyside Villa
Notes: Originally owned and designed by John Howard. Sold in 1853 to George H. Cheney. Later became the Casred Heart Orphanage, administered by the Sisters of St. Joseph, and then converted to St. Joseph's hospital. The villa was demolished in 1945 to make way for a new hospital building.

Building completed late 1840s
Demolished 1945

Architects: Howard John
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Estates of Old Toronto 1997 n/a 114-5