Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Tower Records

Address: 2 Queen Street West
Type of Building: Retail Stores
Name of Building: Tower Records
Notes: Originally the home of Jamieson's Clothiers. Later, Woolworth's moved into the building. In 1980, after 65 years the store was closed, and in the 1980s, a $4 million restoration began. The building is now home to a fitness club and Tower Records. Not to be confused with the 1949 Woolworth Building that was demolished in 1997.

Building completed c1986
Altered 1980s

Architects: Alter & Ireland (firm)
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Toronto Star 1999 March B2 2nd