Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Wykeham Hall

Address: 0 College Street
Type of Building: Houses
Name of Building: Wykeham Hall
Notes: Also known as Wickham Lodge. Built for James Buchanan Macaulay. Name changed to Wykeham Hall after 1859. From 1870 to 1915 the house was home to Bishop Strachan School. It also served as a convalescent hospital during the First World War and later as the College Street Armouries. The building was bought by the T. Eaton Company and demolished to make room for Eaton's College Street (SEE: 444 Yonge Street).

Building completed c1841
Demolished 1920s?

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Bishop Strachan School Magazine & Bulletin 1942 n/a ?
Estates of Old Toronto 1997 n/a 20-21
Toronto, 100 years of grandeur 1978 n/ 104-7