Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: St. James Parish House

Address: 65 Church Street
Type of Building: Parsonages
Name of Building: St. James Parish House
Notes: Built on the site of St. James' Parochial School. It originally consisted of ofices, meeting rooms, a gymnasium, and classrooms. There have been many changes to the building, including a 1958 renovation and the addition of a Diocesan Centre at the east end in 1963. SEE: St. James Condominiums for proposal (year 2000 / 2001) to replace it with condominiums.

Officially opened May 1910
Altered 1958,1963

Architects: Darling & Pearson (firm)
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Canadian Contract Record 1903 March 1 14
Canadian Contract Record 1902 Aug. 3 13
Construction 1908 Nov. 68 2
Globe & Mail 2000 July A14 Mon. 31st
Gothic Revival in Canadian Architecture 2001 Jan. R1,R4 Wed. 31st
National Post 2001 Feb. A16 Mon. 5th
Parish and Cathedral of St. James' 1998 n/a 212+
Toronto Star 2000 June B2 Mon. 19th
Toronto Star 2000 Aug. M2 Sat. 5th