Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Masonic Hall

Address: 18 Toronto Street
Type of Building: Clubhouses
Name of Building: Masonic Hall
Notes: Cumberland & Storm may have designed the furniture. Purchased by the Canada Permanent Mortgage company in 1876. By 1901 the space was converted to offices. In 1930, the building was taken over by the Excelsior Life Company, was demolished in 1964-1965 and replaced by an office tower.

Demolished 1962

Architects: Cumberland & Storm (firm)
Kauffman William
Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Fred Cumberland : Building the Victorian Dream 1997 n/a 129
Lost Toronto : images of the city's past 1993 n/a 104-5