Architectural Index for Ontario

Information on Building Name: Berkely House

Address: 0 King Street East
Type of Building: Houses
Name of Building: Berkely House
Notes: Originally the site of a log home built by George Porter in 1794. Later expanded by Major John Small, and further expanded in 1849 by his son, Charles Coxwell Smith. Demolished in 1925 to make way for a factory.

Foundation started 1794,1849
Demolished 1925

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Beach In Pictures, 1793-1932 1988 n/a 18
Toronto, 100 years of grandeur 1978 n/a 25-29