Architectural Index for Ontario


Information on Building Name: Spadina Hotel

Address: 460 King Street West
Type of Building: Hotels
Name of Building: Spadina Hotel
Notes: Part of the present structure was built in 1877 as a stop-over and tavern for traders and the militia. The building was subsequently known as the Hotel Falconer, and then Zeigler's Hotel. Became known as the Spadina Hotel in 1917. Became a beer parlour in 1934, and in 1947, it became the third bar in Toronto to obtain a liquor licence.

Dates
Building completed 1877

Journal or book Year Month Page Vol. No.
Metropolitan Toronto Business Journal 1987 March 72